Example of Minecraft style polygonisation
Good walkthrough of rendering a voxel volume from start to finish in a Minecraft style.
It has the following problems however:
- Single volume, no hierarchy.
- Lack of hierarchy makes polygonisation harder, it must be done in one sweep.
- Lack of hierarchy makes modification harder.
- It performs 2 sweeps of the volume, one to calculate number of primitives, another to create them.
- The C functions don’t compile in MSVC2008.
But it’s a good source of information on lighting and shader implementations.