PyGLy is a flexible OpenGL framework that sits ontop of Pyglet.
PyGLy is part of our core development and forms the foundation of our 3D graphics stack.
PyGLy’s core values are the following:
- FRAMEWORK, not an engine. Program any way you want.
- FLEXIBLE, don’t force any one method upon the user.
- FULL CONTROL at all times. Full access to rendering, objects, data. No obfuscation. No ‘awesome’ tricks. Just good, simple code.
- EASY INSTALLATION. No crazy C++ bindings and complex build procedures.
- EXPOSE as much functionality as possible. Lower classes are always accessible or usable on their own.
- LOOSE COUPLING. Code designed to be reused in various situations.
- OPTIONAL high level classes. Low level code is always usable. High level API is optional.
- EXAMPLES of high quality.
- PYTHON to the core.
- SPEED in development. Provide convenience functions where it makes sense.
PyGLy is open source software licensed under the very liberal BSD 2-clause license.
PyGLy can be found on our Github repository.