I just had an issue during the development of an Adobe AIR Application.
When using Flash Pro CS 6, the application hang in certain situations for 5 odd seconds.
I found a few peculiar quirks:
- Packaged builds didn’t have the problem.
- Moving the project to a different directory fixed the problem.
- Clean checkouts of the source didn’t have the problem
- Re-creating the project in Flash Pro CS 6 didn’t fix the problem.
The console was printing the following messages
Breakpoint not set; No executable code at line ###
It turns out the problem was old breakpoints that don’t exist anymore.
There’s not trivial way to remove all the breakpoints (the button was greyed out!).
The easiest way I found (on OS-X) was to do the following:
vi ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Flash\ CS6/en_US/Configuration/Debugger/AsBreakpoints.xml
Remove all the breakpoint entries in the XML.
The file should look similar to this:
This resolved the issue.